Friday, July 27, 2007

Blog day 01

Right into the heart of the mind's eye there is a door. Opening this door reveals a short hallway with a long spiral staircase which resembles an opulent sea snail glistening in the salty ocean shore. Upon ascending this passage the entire space is filled with flashing lights in vibrant yellow, red, and blue. The colors are spinning and gliding around all visible matter. Everything is bathed in a wondrous symphony of color before abruptly dissipating.
The room goes to complete blackness. The air is cold. Subtlety, new shapes emerge in subdued hues of gold and amber. There are sudden bright flashes of light, They are repeating and flaring faster and faster. As if on a twirling carousel or a kaleidoscope spinning out of control; the contours and shapes blur and distort all vision.
There it is. A giant gaping bloody wound. We kicked a hole in the sky. We fall in, through space, stars, parallel universes, other dimensions, galaxies, a black hole, and beyond into

Then I started to paint in a frenzied daze, images I could not express, translate to words. It was as if I wasn't painting at all, these pictures painting themselves using my hand and palette like I was some kind of marionette. This happened for some time and I forgot I was still painting when I heard a voice. It said, "

The unspeakable, the words weren't really heard as much as absorbed as if some more intelligent being was talking to me telepathically. I'll never forget those words it said,"

1 comment:

J.D. said...

hey joe,
been a while.almost came to your show when you were still living in indy.started to leave a heavy comment with all kinds of emotion in it,then realized this probably just goes up on your blog.could we talk? i know i owe you some apologies.....really impressed with your work,what you've made of yourself.don't make me have my mom call you and ask if wecan be friends again!317-257-1396